Saturday 8 March 2014

THIS IS WHERE I WAS BORN.


THIS IS WHERE I WAS BORN.


This is where I was born, it was already pretty bad news, and then they built a wall around this when I was 18years old. Did I do anything to deserve that punishment? No. I respected every law to the letter. And I didn’t quit school in 9th grade to sell crack, it’s because they closed the school down. The only thing I ever did wrong was getting born here.

          Who do I blame? The man and woman I call my parents, was it their fault? Were they part of the decayed government? I wonder how little we have become in the eyes of those who promised us heaven before we voted them in. Instead of the heaven they promised, they increased the fire of the hell we now find ourselves.

          I have got to endure the suffering that has now become a habit. They never gave us schools but they expect us to be the better leaders of tomorrow that might never come; they didn’t give us jobs, yet they expect us to quit our lucrative business of dope. How can we quit, when they even patronize us. Why place a ban on dope, if you can’t quit smoking. Who is fooling who?

          “Smokers are liable to die young” that’s what they tell us, yet they ship the sticks in. They send us to jail for the possession of firearms they gave us during their frivolous campaigns. They train us, and use us during campaigns, and expect us to forget all we have learnt after the elections. How can we? We are not that daft, we still retain their lessons on assassination, kidnapping, robbery and lots more. How can a teacher expect his student to forget all he has learnt? We are just being attentive students, thereby making our teachers proud.

          They send their black thugs after us, and when the black ones fail, they release the green boss, and without mercy they jump into our streets, killing our innocents, raping our girls, while we watch them in shame. If we raise complaints, they array us before the bar, where their white caps give us a list of offences, and without fair trial, we are let down the rail road with long sentences.

 

Augustus C.

07033000052

©2014.


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment